New board to advise on engagement and involvement in research
Combining academic rigour with the real concerns of the people who use and work in the NHS is central to THIS Institute’s mission. To ensure we draw on the expertise required to achieve our ambition, we have established an engagement and involvement advisory board.
The engagement and involvement advisory board will form a core element of THIS Institute’s governance structure, sitting alongside the scientific advisory board. Members will guide the institute’s strategy, while helping to build an evidence base on how to best engage and involve NHS staff and patients in healthcare improvement studies.
Following a highly competitive recruitment process, we are delighted to have attracted a team of individuals with broad-ranging expertise, knowledge and skills to support us in our mission to connect with the people who know the healthcare system best: patients and staff. We can’t wait to work with this fantastic group of people.
- Anna Burhouse: Director of Quality Improvement for Northumbria Healthcare Improvement Trust
- Angela King: Patient advocate/consultant
- Jill Maben OBE: Professor of Health Services Research and Nursing, University of Surrey
- Gopi Menon: Consultant Neonatologist at the Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, NHS Lothian
- James Piercy: Science Communicator, Trainer and Public Engagement Consultant, Honorary Lecturer in Science Communication
- Claire Whitehouse: Lead Nurse for Research, The James Paget University Hospitals Foundation Trust
The new members are joined by existing THIS Institute partners:
- Jocelyn Cornwell: Point of Care Foundation
- Jane O’Hara: Bradford Institute for Health Research
- Vanessa Pinfold: The McPin Foundation
- Jeremy Taylor: National Voices
As well as THIS Institute members of staff: